As per Budget announcement 2016-17 & 2017-18
- To make the 200 bedded Cancer Hospital attached to GMCH, Guwahati.
- To establish Cancer Wings in the Govt. Medical Colleges at Jorhat, Tezpur, Silchar and Barpeta with advanced facilities, in phased manner.
- Completion of Super Specialty block meant to house six disciplines Viz- Cardiology, Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, Neurology. Neurosurgery, Urology, Nephrology at GMCH and construction of another Super Speciality block consisting of Hematology, Pediatrics Surgery, Gastroenterology, GI Surgery, Endocrinology & Burn Unit under PMSSY III through G.O.I.
- Establishment of AIIMS at Changsari, Guwahati.
- To establish well equipped Cath Labs in the remaining four functional Medical Colleges of the State, apart from GMCH, AMCH.
- Modern OPD dialysis unit to be established in GMCH, Guwahati with a facility to treat dialysis 100 patients requiring dialysis per day to meet the present demand.
- Additional 50 bedded ICU complex to be established in GMCH, Guwahati with modern facilities to render services to the needy patients.
- To establish a 20 bedded dedicated ICCU in the department of Cardiology of GMCH, Guwahati for offering better services to the cardiac patients.
- To establish Cardaver organ transplantation program in GMCH, Guwahati to facilitate organ transplant.
- To establish a full- fledged Infertility Treatment Centre (ITC) in GMCH, Guwahati for the poor and needy patients.
- To establish 3 (Three) new Medical Colleges at Nagaon, Dhubri and North Lakhimpur during the year 2016-17 Under CSS.
- To establish a Medical College at Kokrajhar .
- To start a Medical college at Diphu .
- To start B. Pharm Course in the Pharmacy course in Pharmacy Institute of Assam .
- Setting up two new Dental colleges at Dibrugarh and Silchar.
- To raise the retirement age of our Govt. doctors up to the age of 65 years.
- To open AMRIT outlay in the medical establishments providing tertiary in Assam i.e. Medical College Hospital.
- To install PET-MRI in the Cancer Hospital at GMCH, Guwahati and likely to be declared as State Cancer Institute.
- To start two new Medical Colleges at Nalbari and Tinsukia.
- To Start a new Department of Sports medicine at Guwahati Medical College, Guwahati.
- To produce 5000 nurses in a phase manner annually by expansion and up-gradation of training colleges and Schools in Govt. and Private sector.